Denver’s e-bike rebate program will open again on Monday, July 11! We will release a limited number of rebates each month in 2022. To be notified on release days, please subscribe to our newsletter.
E-bikes are electric bicycles with a motor that gives riders a boost. E-bikes use rechargeable batteries and travel up to 28 m.p.h. When you use an e-bike to get around, you can:
- Save thousands of dollars per year on fuel and maintenance by replacing daily car trips with e-bike rides
- Bike greater distances and across harder terrain
- Set aside worries about arriving sweaty at your destination
- Reduce your carbon footprint while running errands or commuting to work
A limited number of rebates are available each month for Denver’s e-bike and e-cargo bikes. Denver residents can save up to $1700 on the purchase of an e-bike from a qualifying shop.
The release dates for 2022 are:
- Monday, July 11
- Monday, August 1
- Tuesday, September 6
- Monday, October 3
- Monday, November 7
- Monday, December 5
For reminders and notifications, please subscribe to our newsletter.
The applicant must be a resident of Denver, Colorado and 16 years of age or older. Proof of a physical Denver address is required. All documents presented must be dated within one year of application. Examples:
- Computer Generated Bill (utility, credit card, doctor, hospital, etc.)
- Bank Statement
- Pre-Printed Pay Stub
- First-Class Mail (from a government agency or court)
- Current Homeowner's, Renter's, or Motor Vehicle Insurance Policy
- Mortgage, Lease, or Rental Contract
- Transcript or Report Card from an Accredited School
- Motor Vehicle Registration
- USPS Change Of Address Form (CNL107),
- Individuals who are unable to provide acceptable documents to verify their physical Denver, Colorado address may be eligible to provide alternative documents to meet the requirements
To meet the “Income-Qualified” requirement, the applicant must meet one of the following:
Instant Rebate Amounts
- $400 for all Denver residents, $1,200 for income-qualified residents
- Additional $500 for e-cargo bikes
- Incentive cannot exceed the total purchase price
- One e-bike per person
All classes of e-bikes (1, 2, 3)
- Class 1: an electrical assisted bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling and that ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches a speed of 20 m.p.h.
- Class 2: an electrical assisted bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance regardless of whether the rider is pedaling but ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches a speed of 20 m.p.h.
- Class 3: an electrical assisted bicycle equipped with a motor that provides assistance only when the rider is pedaling and that ceases to provide assistance when the bicycle reaches a speed of 28 m.p.h.
The electric motor must be 750 watts or less and cannot be gas-powered
Full-suspension mountain bikes are excluded from the program
No minimum or maximum purchase price
E-Cargo Bike Eligibility
E-cargo bicycles must have an extended frame designed to carry additional people or cargo. E-cargo bikes must meet all of the following criteria:
- Designed to carry one or more passengers in addition to the rider OR designed to carry heavier or bulkier loads than a traditional bicycle can carry
- Bike has an extended frame (long tail, long john, Bakfiet or box bike)
- Bike has a published cargo load carrying capacity of at least 100 lbs.
To qualify for the e-bike rebate, the e-bike must be purchased new from a participating bike shop for use by the e-bike rebate applicant and not for resale. The e-bike must be purchased on or after the launch of the e-bike Denver Climate Action Rebate program; rebates are not retroactive to past purchases.
In order to participate in Denver’s e-bike rebate program, bike shops are required to have a brick and mortar retail location in Denver that sells qualifying e-bikes and provides on-site sales, service and repair. Bike shops are required to confirm that the name on each e-bike voucher matches the name of each e-bike buyer in-person at the time of purchase.
Participating bike shops:
- Bike Source, 2628 Walnut Street, Denver, CO 80205
- Campus Cycles 2102 South Washington Street, Denver, CO 80210
- Crowley Cycles, 2134 Curtis Street, Unit 302, Denver, CO 80205
- Eazy E Bikez, 9373 W Colfax Ave, Lakewood, CO 80215
- eBikes USA, 201 University Blvd Suite 123, Denver, CO 80206
- Epic Cycles Denver, 5665 North Beeler Street, Suite 100, Denver, CO 80238
- Elevation Cycles, 821 Ash Street, Denver, CO 80220; 1500 Wynkoop Street, Suite 102, Denver, CO 80202
- Fatte-bikes, 2596 W Barberry Pl, Denver, CO 80204
- Framework Cycles, 3655 Navajo Street, Denver, CO 80211
- Good Turn Cycles, 1401 Zuni St Unit 101, Denver, CO 80204; 7301 S Santa Fe Dr #342, Littleton, CO 80120
- Hardt Family Cyclery, 10255 E 25th Ave Unit A1, Aurora, CO 80010
- The HUB Bicycles Denver, 3605 West Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80204
- Pedego Denver, 575 Lincoln St Unit C, Denver, CO 80203
- Pedego South Denver, 6888 South University Boulevard, Centennial, CO 80122
- Rad Power Bikes, 6262 West 55th Avenue, Arvada, CO 80002
- REI, 1416 Platte Street, Denver, CO 80202
- SloHi Bikes, 3217 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80206; 4434 W 29th Ave, Denver, CO 80212